The 2013 Edition
PAST EDITION OF THE SUMMIT
The first edition of the Africa Business Summit – dubbed the Africa Sustainability Symposium – took place 0n June 13, 2023 at the Safari Park Hotel in Nairobi, Kenya.
Just like many great African stories, the resounding success of the Africa Sustainability Symposium made the organisers to expand the scope of the event into the Africa Business Summit – The CEO Leadership & Sustainability Forum, considering that sustainability has become a key deliverable across organisations, from the Board and into every department or section of any business.
The 2013 Summit was sponsored by two companies:
- Buhler AG – the world’s leading provider of new technologies for the food, mobility industries and many more – www.buhlergroup.com
- Acetek Software – the leading provider of sosftware technologies in Eastern Africa – www.aceteksoftware.com
The high-level conference and expo brought together about 250 executives, majority of them attending physically, and some virtually to network, learn and discover the opportunities, trends and challenges in mainstreaming the sustsinability agenda in Africa.
The conference agenda covered a number of issues, including:
- leadership and governance in sustainability
- food sustainability and security
- enahancing healthcare sector sustainability
- the future of green mobility and logistics
- mianstreaming sustainability in urban infrastructure and development
- sustainability evaluation, monitoring and reporting
- renewable energy transition
- driving sustianbility through digitalisation, innovation and new technologies
- waste management and circular economy